What is TV++?
TV++ is a 4690 File utility that runs on Windows and allows you to view and manipulate records within a 4690 Tlog or Keyed file.
In addition to understanding the file formats, TV++ has been designed to be extendible and provide detailed field information for records which it encounters. Essentially, TV++ is a file browser that allows you to “see inside” 4690 Tlogs and Keyed Files in a visual manner.
TV++ allows you to not only view data with a Tlog or keyed file, but also define layouts for the records and fields of that data and have TV++ breakout the fields and show them in a meaningful fashion.
This approach allows you to do things like assign text to a bit field. For example, you could assign “Price Change Occurred” to the 3rd field, 4th bit of a 01 supermarket string. It supports sorting and filtering of records, and even allows you to save any combination of them off into a new file (in either append or overwrite mode).
See what your bits are really telling you using our field breakout feature!
Search your Tlog by terminal, operator, transaction, data/time and more!
What the ‘Hex’ that?
Search using a Hex string
Custom templates, because we’re all unique.
Open any keyed file.
AccoladesThis product is mentioned by IBM as a valuable tool. The following is a excerpt from the IBM Programming Course Module under Support Tools - Debugging SurePOS ACE:
Tools available from third parties:
4690 TV++, a transaction log formatter, is available from redlistsolutions.com.The following is an excerpt from The IBM® WebSphere® Message Broker: TLog Processor Installation and Configuration Guide:
Test the customized message definition. You can use the sample GSA_TLOGRAW message, gsa_data_tlograw_05_new, from the samples_utilities\qsender\data_POSLogV21\MODIFIED_GSA directory. Use an editor such as TV++ to view the message (see Figure 12).
Features & benefits
- Runs on Windows 7 and 10
- Supports 4690 Tlogs and Keyed Files
- Supports SuperMarket, GSA, Chain Sales and Store Management Tlogs
- Extendable for any 4690 Tlog or keyed file record and/or field layout
- Written in C++, and designed to be modular and extendable
- Extremely fast & accurate
- Handles very large files sizes (successfully run against a 42MB Tlog)
- Provides full hex search capabilities (forward and backward through file)
- Provides various sorting and filtering capabilities
- Access files on remote systems using Windows Networking (NetBEUI) or FTP
- Client FTP support allows retrieval of files from any FTP host (4690 or Unix)
- Save record(s) to a new file (TV++ also allows you to change the order of Tlog records being saved) - great for creating test data
- Print records using standard Windows printing
- Supports copy & paste of data into other programs (e-mail, spreadsheets, etc)
- Provides a Home Sector Calculator (calculates home sectors of a specified key)
- Supports Template files on a Windows NT server (providing all your users with consistent layouts)
Potential Customers Can Request a Demo!
Complete the form below to see if you’re eligible.